Bluethner Key End Felt

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:39:37 +0000

> Date:          Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:06:58 -0500
> From:          atodd@UH.EDU (Avery Todd)
> Subject:       Bluethner Key End Felt
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org

Avery,

I wonder if two different materials might not make less impact
noise.  If the top material isn't glued directly to the
underfelt it would relatively easy to shim for quicker lift.
I would tend to stay with the original configuration...but I
doubt if it would make that much difference.

> List,
>
>    I just brought in the 9' Bluethner action I mentioned several weeks ago
> and want to ask about the damper lift felt on the ends of the keys.
>    Presently it has a relatively thin dense felt on the wood, covered with
> a strip of something like fallboard felt which wraps all the way around the
> end of the key and is glued underneath. Both felts are green.
>    Is there any reason I should keep this configuration? I would prefer to
> go with a thicker dense felt as is usually done. I have white, green and
> red felt strips for this use. All firm (dense).
>    Any comments? Thanks.
>
> Avery
>
> _____________________________________
> Avery Todd
> Moores School of Music
> University of Houston
> Houston, TX 77204-4893
> atodd@uh.edu
>
> Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE: <http://www.cauce.org/
> (The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email)

ilvey
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@a.crl.com