Technician Wanted

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:05:07 -0500

I couldn't let the following from Ralph Martin slip by....

rmartin21@juno.com  (Ralph Martin MPT) wrote:

> I truly hope you locate someone, Mike (Anesta).  It's really been a
> source of annoyance to me to call and leave a message for inquiry on
> parts and never receive a call-back....and I don't easily become
> annoyed.
> Most of us are just too busy to sit beside the phone and wait for three
> to five hours for a five minute call.(assuming the call is ever
> returned). I rebuild an awful lot of Steinways and always have to go
> through this chore if the customer demands genuine Steinway parts. The
> result is that I usually DON"T replace with Steinway parts so as not to
> have to go through this.
>
> On the rare call when I get through to Mike Mohr, everything turns out
> fine. He's a pleasure to chat with and always helpful.

I don't think I've ever worked with a customer service rep as pleasant
and helpful as Glorie Lefrak at Steinway.  She will always call back
and/or fax an answer to us so we have the information or order
confirmation ASAP.  She is very knowledgeable about the parts list and
is helpful when we are not as informed as we should be (sometimes...it
happens!).  Unless you visit the New York office, you can't realize how
busy she is.    She is a real treasure at Steinway and I hope they
appreciate her as much as we do.

Ralph, leave her your fax number so you can have an answer at a time
convenient to you.  If you don't have a fax machine, get one  They are
fairly cheap and you can expense it; why pay income tax on all those
profits from all those Steinway rebuilding jobs?  ;->

Also, I completely concur with the accolades given to Michael Mohr.
Mike's comprehension of pianos, and Steinway in particular, is scary (in
a very good sense)!

Joel Rappapoprt
Round Rock, Texas