pin height, driving fluid, beckets

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 20:50:49 -0400 (EDT)

I perfer to keep things simple.
It seems to me that dipping a pin in varnish and driving it into the hole will
leave most (if not all) of the material on the top of the pin block. A squeege
effect. Swabbing the hole would be more effective. [elaboration eliminated]
For pin height, how about a block of 'hammer trimmings ' felt; although the
"becket tool" also doubles as a pin height gage with the benefit of uniform
beckets (beginners included).

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)