Upright captstans 1-1/8"

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:17:28 -0700

These capstans ordered ordered from both APSCO and Schaff are identical
and are un-adjustable after they are installed in the key due the taper
in the adjusting area! The original screws were square vertically and
horizontally, but these are no bigger than the threads at the bottom and
widen out to near the size of the original just under the cap.  My
regular adjuster wouldn't turn them at all so I made one out of mild
steel to the exact size and it became unusable after about ten keys.
The capstan just buggered it up!

Does anyone have a source for these things, or am I going to have to put
grand screws in there?

All ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Warren

--