Kawai Ivory

Richard Wagner Rjwag@pacifier.com
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:26:46 -0700

At 11:43 PM 6/8/97 Danny Moore wrote:

>Remember those ubiquitous one-piece real ivory keytops that Kawai
>shipped over on some of their grands?  Any clue where I might find 1,
>yes, just 1 of them?

Danny,

How about going through your own stock of "used" replacement ivory or
contacting someone close to your location who does keytop replacement for
the trade.  Then check through the stock of C(88) tops.

No, they're not one piece, but they might be wide enough and if you:
(1) find a reasonable match, and (2) do an "excellent" job of replacement,
you might be able to squeak by and make it look like the one piece ivory
original.  Good luck.

                                       Richard Wagner RPT