Kimball Pianos (request)

by way of kam544@ionet.net Keith A. McGavern Havtaknow@aol.com
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:40:18 -0500 (CDT)

Pianotech list,

This post below came to me today from Pat Lynch.  I am submitting it to you
for your consideration.  I have made no promises to Ms. Lynch that replies
would be forthcoming.

Thank you for your time,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

=================================
Dear Mr. McGavern

While browsing through the piano page archives I noticed a few postings with
Kimball pianos as their main subject. Must have been around the time Kimball
decided to stop manufacturing pianos. I pulled your name because you
mentioned you have worked on at least 200 Kimball pianos.

 I have a 1935 Kimball grand piano and was wondering if it would be worth
rebuilding. The things said about the todays Kimball company were not very
encouraging, but I wonder if you have had experience working on the older
pianos made in the 1930's when the pianos were still manufactured in the
Chicago plant by the original family. If you know of any other technicians
that have worked on older Kimballs (especially of that time period) I would
appreciate you passing this request along.

Thank you
Pat Lynch