Buzzing Bass Strings

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 21:52:35 -0700 (MST)

Dear List,

        I just serviced a 45" Sohmer verticle piano, Serial #224897.
Practically all the bass strings buzz, and I can not believe that it can
only be the winding.  I looked for breaks and couldn't see any but I
noticed near the winding the core is flattened.

        The customer is asking me what to do about it and I suggested
replacing all the bass strings, but it is beyond their budget.

        Do any of you know of any other solutions?

Thanks,

Eliot Lee