Computer use in piano service businesses

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 20:11:33 -0400 (EDT)

So, what are you;  bragging or complaining  :-)

At 12:05 PM 6/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a 200 megahertz Pentium PC with 32 megs of memory. I have just under
4 megs of hard disk storage. I am using LaserJet and DeskJet color printers.
I am running this under Win95A. (hope to get "B" soon)

>I have been using Dean Reyburns Piano Service Manager and Tuning Manager
for several years, and I am very comfortable with them.

>I am on my second AccuTuner.
>
>In addition, I am using MS Word, and MS Publisher for my letterhead,
correspondence, and business cards.

>I also use the Peachtree Accounting package.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>Regards,
>

>At 10:30 AM 6/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hello to you all,
>for my upcoming class in Orlando, I am in the process of compiling >a
sampling of the varied ways we, as piano techs, use our computers >for
business purposes.  Since this List represents some of the more computer
literate members of our unique trade, I b
>elieve you can >provide me with many creative "methods of work" for such
things as >keeping customer records, bookkeeping, word processing needs of
all >sorts, shop work records, newsletters, etc. (I will be not be >covering
>Internet/www and modem use fo
>r this class.)  	I know what has and has not worked for me personally, but
I would >love to offer various ideas to >beginners who can benefit from
seeing that, as in repairing pianos, >there are as many different ways to
get the same task done as there >a
>re people to do it.  Please email me privately if you'd be >interested in
answering a short questionnaire.  If the List feels >this information would
be helpful, I'd be glad to post it for >everyone.  Thanks for your help, in
! adva nce.
>>		Jeannie
>>--
>>Jeannie Grassi, RPT