tune-off

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:28:53 -0700 (MST)

Hi Phil:

I think both Virgil and I would rather retire and let some of the younger
better tuners take up the challenge. I don't mind tuning Le Petitte
grands, but I think Virgil mostly tunes large grands for his clientele.
BTW I have tuned some pretty nice sounding Kimball La Petitte's.

How about it?  Are there some younger tuners (those with at least 20 years
experience) who would like to carry on the challenge between aural and
visual tuning?  I would really like to see this happen at regional and
then international competitions. Virgil and I have carried it to the
international level, now, who would like to be involved first at the
regional level and then at the international level?

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS It was nice to meet you in person at Orlando.