BLACK KEYTOPS

GEORGE SCHREIBER geosch@execpc.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:09:36 -0500 (CDT)

At 12:45 AM 7/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove black ebony keytops from old
>piano keys?? The white ivory tops are not a problem & come off nicely
>with a damp cloth & a hot iron. I acquired a nice set of keys for later
>use & I certainly would love to remove these beautiful ebony tops.Any
>ideas would be appreciated.
>
>Jan Otto
>
>have you thought about the difference in touch-weight when you put pretty
plastic in place of real ebony?? -to remove the black keys from the sticks
I like to use the table saw  bed and aim the stick side-ways and flat to
the saw bed, but leave the black  key overhanging, use several aiming swings
and then finally one sharp blow and the black stuff will fly across your shop.
seldom do I have to repair the stick
signed: gschreib