Baldwin Hamilton Keys

kitster@polarnet.com kitster@polarnet.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:17:57 -0800

Bought an old Baldwin Hamilton at an auction...it had been vandalized in a
church and the church didn't want to deal with it.  Most of the damage was
to the keys.  I think they took a hatchet to them.  Many destroyed, some in
small pieces, etc.

I took a chance that Baldwin could supply me with a new set of keys, but
they were no help, since the model was quite old.  My piano key service
says about $1,000 to rebuild.

So, my question to the list:  Does anyone have a set of old Hamilton keys?
This piano is of the type that the lid opens normally and the front comes
off.  If you have what I'm looking for, key #1 has a very slight dog-leg to
the right looking from the front of the key.  Most of the newer Hamiltons
have an angle to the left on key #1.

Thanks for your help.  Please respond privately.

Kit Cleworth