query

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 07:00:23 -0500

Dear List,
Does anyone know where all the Kimball piano factory workers went.  Did
most of them go on to other fields or turn into independent tuners.
Likewise, in the early 1970's I became somewhat of a friend to Gordon
Laughead, and met Charles Walters just after he bought Janssen, and the
fellow I was working for bought some parts storage racks from him on our
trip up there.  We sold some Janssens and Charles Walters as well as
Laugheads and I continued to sell Laugheads after I split up with him until
the factory burned down.  Gordon had a son who was entering the business.
Does any one know if he went into something else after he found out he
didn't have enough insurance to start over?
Food for thought
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Business is like an automobile.  If not guided it goes downhill easiest"DH