Kids and the Piano (Hawkeye Harriet-Theme & Variation)

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 05:32:27 -0600 (MDT)

	Thanks, Zen. I have done that, too.
	Here's another one that may have slipped past you. I sometimes
tell the kids that they have bells in their piano. Then I play a chime
chord in the extreme high treble. The best one I have found is from an old
piano piece my mother had, called "Chapel Chimes." To play it, you use
both hands to play an octave in the area of the top two octaves of the
piano. To the right hand, add a fourth up and a fourth down. To the left
hand, add a minor sixth down. If you chose two C's, you would have E - C
in the left hand and G - C - F in the right hand. You can move the chord
around and it still sounds good. It makes an impressive flourish to end a
piece of music with this chime chord. In "Chapel Chimes" this chord was
used to play the Doxology, "Old One Hundred."
	Good luck. Thanks again.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta