expanded temperment (Jim C.)

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:03:57 -0400

Jim and List,

I have been following the tuning threads and have learned much.

I would mention that when I do an FAC tuing on the same piano several times
a year I have noticed that the A4 measurement changes from season to season.
I have seen it go from 7.0 in the winder to 9.0 in the summer.  I have a
little problem added 1.0 cents to an A4 at 9.+ cents.

I mentioned this phanominum (sp?) of the A4 changing to Al Sanderson who
suggested that the impedence of the board changes with the addition of
moisture to the board.

The instrument I am refering to are S&S Ds where the humidity goes from 20%
to near 80% or more per season.  I have also noticed the same in a C-7 and
two Bs.

I really dis like high A4s and C6s.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com