Kids and the Piano (Hawkeye Harriet-Theme & Variation)

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:09:50 -0400

----------
> From: Kenneth W. Burton <kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Hawkeye Harriet-Theme & Variation
> Date: Monday, July 14, 1997 8:26 AM
>

> 	Zen,
>
> 	Good for you! I have a routine of entertainment which I use for
> kids and, if you don't mind, I'll add the bit about the jack kicking the
> hammer in the butt.

Hey -- that's exactly why my tip was posted publicly, and I appreciated
reading your tip concerning the alternate sounds a piano can make.  Yes, I
too like strumming the strings and calling it "Monster Music."  Take that
one a step further by pressing down the sustain pedal and having the kids
"call" the piano, then listening to the echoes come back from the strings.
One of these years, I'd like to hold down the sustain pedal during a good
crash of real thunder and hearing what comes back from the piano ....

Tip for the day ... think like a kid to keep the kid within you alive,
well, and laughing.

ZR! RPT
Ann Arbor
diskladame@provide.net