Absolute pitch

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 02:49:11 -0500

I think the "perfect pitch" concept is very interesting to piano
tuning.  I have read the posts that describe how some can match the
pitch of A440.  I would be interested to know how they "match" the
rest of the chromatic scale.  With tuning machines one could
determine if they are producing a just intonation scale to A440, or
giving the pitches of Equal Temperament. In the latter case since
this ability has been described as "natural" or "inborn" one might
draw the conclusion that ET is Nature's universal scale.
`	But for those who think the 12 tone ET  scale might limit musical
expression, (or Nature has more to offer) the list
tuning@eartha.mills.edu  should be of interest.   Also a great place
to discover and explore the tunings of "other" cultures, and "other"
tunings of our "own" culture. ("culture")

Richard Moody (no wonder I almost got a B in Anthropology 101).