Piano Manufacturers World Wide

Michael J. Wathen Michael.Wathen@uc.edu
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:17:33 -0100

If I am not mistaken China IS the largest consumer of pianos already.  This
market is lost to US manufacuturers and in all likelyhood it will never be
otherwise.

I believe that over time the Chineese will dwarf everyone.  How the piano
market is played out in China will determine who dominates.  The Japaneese
and the Koreans now this too well.  There are joint ventures with all the
asian manuf. in China right now.  However, I believe that the law is such
that no foreign company can own the majority of assets in China.  China will
build the best piano sooner than we think unless some unforseen event
changes things.

 Michael J. Wathen, RPT			Phone:	513-556-9565
 Piano Technician			Fax:	513-556-3399
 College-Consevatory of Music		Email:  Michael.Wathen@UC.Edu
 University of Cincinnati
 Cincinnati, OH 45221-0096