Perfect Pitch--Apology

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:15:06 -0700

> From: Phil Bondi <tito@peganet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Perfect Pitch--Apology
> Date: Friday, July 11, 1997 4:49 AM

SNIP

..if you are one of those people who are not happy with
> this thread, my apologies and we can go private if you like..like I told
Guy
> Nichols privately. I've been defending myself and my ability to do this
for
> over 30 years now..it gets very old in a hurry defending myself to the
true
> non-believers, but to those with an open mind willing to learn about it,

SNIP

Phil,

Your 30-year mission is fulfilled.   I have no doubt that you are blessed
with the capabilities you've described.

It's just that I'm not as impressed with your ability as you are, because
in my experience, it's not particularly uncommon.

Referring to your skill as "perfect pitch" is equally common;
Unfortunately, this makes it no less grating to piano technicians, who
object to that terminology for reasons already posted.

I think you've been missing the point.

I (and others) have not been saying "I don't believe you";  rather, we're
saying "So what?"

>I'll talk till my tongue falls off.

Is that a threat or a promise?

Tom Myler     (A True Believer with an Open Mind)

"Perhaps the greatest knowledge is
 the awareness of our own ignorance."

                                          John Steinbeck