Perfect Pitch

Michel Lachance chance@InterLinx.qc.ca
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:21:23 +0000

Phil Bondi wrote:

> ..i'll keep it short..
>
> ..until someone comes up with a better *term* for what some of us are
> blessed with, it will always raise questions..perhaps Relatively Perfect Pitch?

I believe there are lot of relativity in so called "absolute pitch".  In
my ear training courses, I could see that very often, students will
develop pitch memory within the range of their instrument.  A violonist
for example, would not discriminate bass notes as easily as treble
notes.

I am not one those "gifted ones" but I always wondered how a perfect
pitch ear set at 440 would react  when it comes to listen to some
european ochestras with tuning forks grinded at 450.

Michel Lachance, RPT