Perfect Pitch

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:57:53 -0600

>..if it ain't perfect, then what should we call it..relative?..can someone
>with *good* relative pitch sing an *A* on command?..i don't think so.
>
>..i invite your comments..publicly or privately.

Phil,
	A safe bet, when asked, is to say you've "Got a real good ear". The
problem with "perfect" anything is that it changes. I know plenty of people
withOUT good pitch, who can sing an 'A'. I can't, but I can whistle it.
(they PAY me to NOT sing). It's got nothing to do with tuning a piano,
anyway, and would get in the way of trying to make a PSO sound good.
	There is a huge bag of worms to sift through when talking about "perfect"
pitch, especially with a bunch of piano tuners. Good luck.
Guy
Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com
	You are what your deep driving desire is.
	As your desire is, so is your will.
	As your will is, so is your deed.
	As your deed is, so is your destiny.
		--Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV.4.5