problem embarrased

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:48:32 -0500

Dear list,
Here is a new one on me.
I repaired a screwon type piano leg that has the screw going into the leg
and the other end is a bolt end that screws into a 1/2" nut in the keybed.
The wood had stripped out and I brought it back to the shop to repair.  I
epoxied the screw end into the leg but forgot to check if enough of the the
bolt end stuck out and would reach the nut in the keybed.  It doesn't.  I
need about 1/8" to 1/4" more thread out of the leg.
Anyone know how I can temporarily release the epoxies' hold on the leg bolt
to turn it out a little more.  Are there any solvents or would heating the
bolt end do it?  Any help?
I am really looking foolish on this one.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Business is like an automobile.  If not guided it goes downhill easiest"DH