Lindner Piano ??? -Reply Two -Reply to the reply

Thu, 03 Jul 1997 13:30:46 -0700

Steve Pearson wrote:

> Del.  Yeah, I saw a Rippen grand at NAMM the day we bombed Iraq.  No
> kidding.  One of the Rippen family was there and hyping it pretty good.

> Steve

Steve,

The grand you saw a NAMM was nothing like the original Rippen I
described earlier. The more recent piano was about 5' 2" and had a rim
that was made in either Korea or Japan (I don't remember which). The
original was about 6' or 6' 1". Although the piano shown with the Lyon &
Healy name on it did have some unusual soundboard features, it was MUCH
more conventional than the grand I saw in the seventies.

If you ever see one of the originals, you'll never forget it.

ddf