Newton

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:03:59 -0800 (PST)

Newton,
	Unfortunately, finances play a big role in decision making.  How
much side work is needed to stay afloat financially is indeed a good
question everybody must weigh out.  Several people have made comments to
the effect that when they left the stress of the University, they
decreased their workload and increased their income.  Of course,
personal health plays a role here also.
	After giving some thought to your post, I think if it were
possible, I would do as little private work as was needed to survive and
then spend the remainder of my time doing quality things with those I
love the most.  When it really comes down to it, what else matters?
(Besides fishing of course !!!)

Ron Shiflet

PS, Thank you for letting us know.  Our prayers go out with you for your
well being.  Please keep us posted.