CYA-finale

Thomas A. Sheehan aquinas@nyct.net
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 18:59:09 -0500

Dear Newton and List -

I have been familiar with your work and reputation since I entered this
field nearly 25 years ago. You've served (unknowingly) as one of my mentors
by example, someone to emulate in this often obfuscated profession. Your
voice has been clear and consistent in promulgating accurate knowledge
about the instrument, and procedures with which to follow for the best
results.

Although immediate cash flow is always a challenge, I wonder if there
aren't some ideas re: authoring a book about piano technology, especially
covering concert techniques in the field, or effective shop managment, or
other "Secrets of the Masters" with which you are so intimately familiar.

Your skills as a craftsman are impeccable; your spirit as an example of
professionalism is beyond reproach. This is said and offered simply as a
statement of fact. There is no need to "build you up." Your work speaks
eloquently for itself.

I am confident that you will create a much more satisfying vitality in your
professional endeavors, and you will put the negative elements of the
shabby treatment at Rutgers where they belong.

RE: CFS and Firbromyalgia

I've had one friend who has nearly recovered from both of these conditions.
It _is_ possible to manage and defeat these diseases. I'm sorry to hear
that you've been diagnosed with them; they are very frustrating. Are you
familiar with the newsgroup alt.support.firbromyalgia ? I used to monitor
it when I was researching the illness for my friend. At the time, it seemed
to be a good group.

Anyway, Newton, please keep a stiff upper lip, old boy! And please don't
hesitate to ask if there's _anything_ I can do for you in New York City.
Please stay in touch.

Sincerely and best regards,

Tom Sheehan, RPT
aquinas@nyct.net