Upright pressure bar <"Upright pressure bar"@amenti.rutgers.edu> (Jan 28, 1:36pm)

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:22:00 -0500

You may wish to replace the pressure bar to its original position.  Its purpose
is to hold the strings firmly on the v-bar to prevent them from buzzing or
rattling when struck hard.  More than that amount is unnecessary and
detrimental to tunability.

The brass plate will most likely not need any more attention than polishing.
It is soft and will not distort by driving a new pin through and into the
block.

I am confused by your reference to 00 and 2 pins.  Are you saying you will
restring with the same size of pin?

Rescaling this piano should take no more than about an hour of time exclusive
of entering the data.  Most likely the steel is fine, only the bass strings may
need improving.  Send me the data and I can give you an aida of what needs
doing.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu