DETERMINING PIANO VALUE

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:15:46 -0500

>I have both the current editions of the Music Product Directory and the
>Pierce Piano Atlas.  Since the Music Product Directory lists only
>current production models, and since Discontinued Keyboard Edition only
>goes back to 1986, what rererence(s) is available to determine the value
>of older model pianos?
>                          JIM

Jim

This become complicated, because the value of a piano is determined by the
condition of the case the action, and other various factors. Although a good
knowledge of new pianos is helpful, knowing the market for used pianos is
even more crucial. Unless you are in the business, or know someone who sells
used pianos, it is difficult to determine the value of a used instrument. If
you need help with a particular piano, just get on the list, give the name,
age, and overall conditon of the piano, and someone will give you a ballpark
figure. It is also important we know where in the US live. That is also a
factor in determining the value of a piano.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis