bass strings breaking!

JPTUNER@aol.com JPTUNER@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:00:38 -0500 (EST)

hello all,
             well i have been reading now for a week and find it very
interesting on all the solutions to problems we encounter being piano
technicians.Im writing for a problem im having with a baldwin acrosonic, i
tuned this piano about 8 months ago and the customer called me back about 3
months ago saying on how i broke 3 of her bass strings,so i went to the house
took out the old ones and replaced them,now she says they broke again,of
course i charged her. so now im telling her to change all the bass strings to
a more heavy duty type of bass string! can anyone tell me if they had this
experience like this were bass strings just brake,she says it happens when
when they are not playing the piano,i did ask if her teacher plays hard on
the piano,but she says her children go for lessons and the teacher does not
come to the home. it just seems odd how these strings just pop and im being
blamed.if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated!
                             sincerly jptuner