Damper wires

robert moffatt piano service moffattr@cadvision.com
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:51:03 -0700

Bob,
As I'm sure you know, regulating dampers with the type of damper wire you
are discribing can be a difficult task at best. If the integrity of the
piano is not a great issue, you might want to consider installing damper
inserts in the damper levers making threading unnecessary and allowing you
to regulate the dampers much more effectively.

Regards,
Bob Moffatt
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

>I'm looking for some damper wires which are 0.041" diameter, 5 inches long
>with a threaded end. Does anyone have any idea on how to thread a 0.041"
>diameter wire or have a source for pre-threaded wire of this size.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Bob
>                            rlang@netdoor.com
>       *** Visit my home page at http://www2.netdoor.com/~rlang ***