Treble Falseness

Oorebeek A. oorebeek@euronet.nl
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:11:01 +0000

Don Mamino,
I also wanted to thank you for your advice you gave me (see below), =
and I wanted to add the following to maybe undo eventual grudges: I =
remember an untunable YAMAHA, it was an experimental exemplar at the =
Academy. As the outcome of each tuning became more and more crucial =
for the wellbeing of my allready damaged nervous system, I received a =
tip from the instructor, who was very experienced. He advised me =
exactly the same.
BTW, I prefer a BMW to a ford!

>The Kawai grands destined for Europe are normally voiced much brighter =
than
>for North America. This may explain some of the difference between your
>experiences and ours. (I wouldn't think that the Kawai pianos are brighter
>than the Yamahas, though) Hard hammers and bright tone do tend to excite
>the duplex and aliquot scales more stongly, so I would still suggest that
>you try muting those string sections during tuning.
>
>Don Mannino RPT, Manager
>Kawai Piano Technical Support, US and Canada

Friendly Greetings from:

CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
Andr=E9 Oorebeek
Amsterdam, the Netherlands