Resin pinblock repairs

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:13:18 -0500 (EST)

>In reference to the use of high tech resins for reinforcing split or
>de-laminated pin blocks, what is impact resin? I have used both
>polyester resins and epoxy resins in repairing my sail boats. Both have
>their proper places in boat construction with the epoxy resins probably
>better suited to heavy duty uses.
>
>Would those technicians who have responded that they have used resins to
>repair split pinblocks please e-mail to me or to the list the type of
>resin that they used. If you indeed used impact resin, could you give a
>more complete description of its properties?
>
>Thank you,
>Ronald Duschenchuk RPT
>Sayville, NY

Ron

I call it impact resin, because that is what I was told to call it. If you
use epoxy resin to repair sail boats, I guess that is the same stuff. I get
my supply from a company called Cope Plastic in St. Louis. I believe they
have plants in other parts of the country.  It is a clear liquid, which is
activated by just a drop or 2 of kicker. (one drop per 2 oz.).

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis