u.k. APOLOGY

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:19:10 +0000

Hi Warwen,

Thanks for the info I too was serious about the clockwork radio it does
exist.

Is there a web site for the Company you got your equipm,ent from?  My
tape streamer is now up and running and backs up the two hard drives
fully once a week and tops up every night this is done automatic as my
computers are never switched off until I have a pwer cut.

I have looked at some of the equipment available foir overcoming power
loss, the ones I have seen only give you ten minutes shut down time and
then you lose all which I thought was a waste of space as if I am out,
or asleep, then I won't know if we've had a power cut. at present there
is a lot of major vivil engenineering going on round me, new motorways,
new gas pipes, new cables for the cable Companies, and the final culprit
the water board are laying new water mains and they were responsible for
hacking through the cables last weekend.

The irony of it all is the week before the electric Company placeed a
flow monitor in our house as we were complaining of large swings in
electric current, we would had been able to prove the power serge very
easily and claim compensation.  As it happens I've been told that it
would cost more to pursue the matter than its worth.

Kind regartds,

Barrie.

p.s.
It deffinely teaches you a lesson

In article <32E9A8AD.6275@communique.net>, Warren Fisher
<fish@communique.net> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |