Kawai tuning stability

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 19:41:52 -0500

Don Mannino wrote:

> Greg and List,
>
> Be very careful about quoting what someone says as you have in your
> message.  This dealer has obviously gotten things turned around.
>
> The dealers statements about my words are not correct. Pianos sometimes
> leave the factory with flaws, and it is my aim to have the dealers evaluate
> and resolve any flaws that appear. It seems from your conversation that
> this dealer interpreted my suggestion that they check the string coils as
> an admission that our pianos are commonly flawed in this way.  This is not
> the case.
>
> Kawai does respond to dealer and technician complaints, and although real
> problems are rare I have to take every complaint as valid until proven
> otherwise. This is the only way to ensure that our quality is at the
> highest level possible.
>
> Finally, it is not necessary for anyone to "pin" me down on anything, as
> those who correspond with me know. No piano maker is perfect, and I do not
> hesitate to see that flaws are repaired if they occur.
>
> I hope all the competing piano dealers have fun posting your message in
> their stores. Of course, they would never post the rebuttal. Everyone,
> please be careful what you put in writing, especially ascribing statements
> to someone which you have not personally verified.
>
> Don Mannino RPT, Manager
> Kawai Piano Technical Support (US and Canada)

Don and List,
       I would like to offer oppologies to all who were offended by my
post. It seems that I was taken in a way that I did not intend. I
believe that the dealer IS twisting Don's words and is perhaps looking
for a problem where none exists. I see that I should have made a call to
you, Don, before posting my message. Please forgive me.
                                      Greg