Goo on keys

Mark A. Cunningham MARK@CSTCC.CC.TN.US
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:39:41 -0400 (EDT)

>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:16:38 -0800
>From: Larry Gardner <larryg@csufresno.edu>
>Subject: tape on keytops
>
>Dear list,
>
>I just had a customer a couple of weeks ago who bought a piano from the
>Boys Club.  Someone had put tape on the keys and written letter names in
>what would seem to be permanent marker.
>
> <snip>
>
>What is the best product to remove the sticky gummy mess that is left?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Larry Gardner RPT
>Fresno CA

Larry:

There's a product called "Goo Gone" and it's carried by our local Lowes
and Home Depot stores.  It has a citrus odor.

I haven't tried this product on piano keys, so I'd try in a small spot
to make sure everything will work OK.  I have used this product on
lots of other things (i.e. for removing sticky price tags) and it
works great!!

Mark Cunningham
Chattanooga, TN

MARK@cstcc.cc.tn.us