University Opening for Piano Technician

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:20:22 -0600

At 07:05 PM 1/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't have too many specifics about this opening, but I do  know  a
>little about the situation there and a boat load about working for the
>State of WV. Reply to me direct.
>
>Paul E. Dempsey
>Piano Tuner/Technician
>Marshall University
>Huntington, WV
>dempsey@ramlink.net

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your offer.  I am writing to WVU to get an application, and would
consider moving if the pay was over a certain amount.  What is it like
working for the state of WV?  Is the salary worthwhile? Are there any
benefits?  Why did the other technician leave, if you know that?  Is WVU
pretty good about budgeting for piano replacement and  maintenance and repair?

Also, one other thing, do you know anything about the homeschooling laws in
WV?  What are the economic conditions like in Morgantown?  Does it cost a
lot to live there?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild
e-mail:  dkvander@clandjop.com
web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/
#pianotech page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html
one-day piano seminar with the Rappaports:
http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/seminar.html