bone keytops

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:16:40 -0500 (EST)

Quite a while back, I saved the name of   Nelson Woodworking, ( 601 West Main
Road, Little Compton, RI 02837.  tel. 401-635-4733) as a source for bone
keytop material.  I have a customer who really wants to save her ivory
keytops, but they are way beyond saving.  I'd like to know if anyone here has
used the bone material for keytops.

My questions are:

Is this comparable to plastic from a price standpoint?  (I haven't called
Nelson Woodworking yet)

Is the material hard to work with?

Does it look reasonably like ivory?

Do any of the people who sell key recovering jobs use the bone material?

Thanks for any help.

Gordon Large
Maine

(And thanks to all who sent suggestions on my Billings Flange traveling
problem.  The 2 plier method worked well.  I still haven't installed the
hammers because I never seem to get time in the shop, but(t) <sorry> I'm
probably  80 to 90% done with the traveling.)