Lew Herwig

Lee Sankey LSankey@swbell.net
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:34:49 -0600

------------66C8751DD00

 Dick
    Thanx  for the info about Lew Herwig. He was a good friend and he
and I saw many a bottle of scotch go dry. I've been away from the biz
for a while and have not kept up with many good people.

I beleive Lew had published some articles on pinblock restoration with
epoxy. I would look in some of the early 80s journals. I helped him do
one and the procedure is relatively simple. Unless there is a quick and
dirty way to make the block servicable extensive repairs are not
practical. If the plate or the block is to be removed it takes just a
relatively short time to install, fit  and drill a new block. Sometimes
people go to remarkable extremes, often requiring more time and
materials, just to keep away from doing the job correctly.

Okay enough of this. Thank you again.

Lee Sankey

------------66C8751DD00

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>&nbsp;Dick</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanx&nbsp; for the info about Lew Herwig. He was
a good friend and he and I saw many a bottle of scotch go dry. I've been
away from the biz for a while and have not kept up with many good people.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I beleive Lew had published some articles on pinblock restoration with
epoxy. I would look in some of the early 80s journals. I helped him do
one and the procedure is relatively simple. Unless there is a quick and&nbsp;
dirty way to make the block servicable extensive repairs are not practical.
If the plate or the block is to be removed it takes just a relatively short
time to install, fit&nbsp; and drill a new block. Sometimes people go to
remarkable extremes, often requiring more time and materials, just to keep
away from doing the job correctly.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Okay enough of this. Thank you again.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Lee Sankey</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>