tuning pins <Pine.A41.3.95b.970122115847.128666F-100000@homer11.u.washington.edu>

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:52:46 -0700 (MST)

Dear List:

After working in 2 piano factories, I can say that the only time
tuning pins larger that OO were used was when at final inspection
it was discovered that the Tpin torque was not up to our
specifications.  This was usually just a pin or two or three.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS For a short time back in the late 60's when we had a poor batch of
pinblocks, complete pianos were re-pinned with OOO's.