Tune-off -- Orlando

Jim pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:21:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi Mark:

It is a scheduled event for all Sunday morning.  Yes, we hope many of
you will be there.  You are important because we need you to vote
on which pianos sound the best.  You will get to watch each of us work.

I guess we could call this the "Orlando Tuneoff".  Virgil and I are
both planning to get in shape for this one.  The plan is to have 4
pianos available; two prepared ahead of time and 1 each to be tuned
in front of the audience.  You will get to see and hear Virgil's
inimitable style with some explanations.  I plan to do just as I did
in Chicago: mostly tune, with a few aural test intervals thrown in
occasionaly just to keep everyone awake.  They will have to listen
fast 'cause I won't spend much time doing the interval tests.  I may
tune all of the treble unisons with machine this time.  Last time, I
just tuned the top 2 section unisons by machine.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS I took the liberty of copying this to the list since there is
nothing of a private nature in it.