A new Squeak! -Reply

Deryck Harnett dharnett@morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:30:41 -0330 (NST)

David and list,

We have a Yamaha C7 which was causing exactly the same problem, except it
was not a small squeak.  It came periodically (and at the most
inappropiate moments), and usually some change in the contact point
between the top of the rod and the leather caused it to go away....for a
little while.  The technican for the School tried teflon powder, neatsfoot
oil on the leather, and other things, all of which appeared to work for a
couple of weeks.  Eventually, he replaced the leather, and the problem
seems to be solved.

I've wondered if anyone else had this problem or if we were unique.  If
you decide on another solution which works, please let me know.  Good luck
with it..

Deryck Harnett