Thanks!

Ryan, Philip pjames@gzinc.com
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 09:45:14 -0500

Dear Mark and List:

Read your posting about Jim Coleman's article(s) about learning aural
tuning using the SAT as a guide.  I am interested in doing exactly that
but cannot locate the article(s) you mentioned in the archives under
"SAT" or "tuning" etc.  (Found tons of other articles on SAT etc.)

Could you steer me a little closer in the direction of those articles
(Titles, Dates, topic)?  Could they be in the Journal back issues and
not on the net?  Anyway I would appreciate any help you could supply in
locating these articles.

Thanks,
Phil Ryan
Associate, PTG

Incidentally, I enjoyed reading about Jim and Virgil in the Journal this
month concerning the Great Chicago Tuneoff, even though it was
discussed  here on the List first.  The article seems to point to the
superior tuning of the visual tuner (Jim) (46% to 36%), as opposed to
the closeness of the voting that Jim mentioned in his post to the list a
month or so ago.  I guess he is too modest!