Upright damper felts

Gerard Gravina ggravina@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 05:26:40 -0800

Dear list,

Thanks to all who responded so far to my query on upright damper felts.

The suggestions dealing with the bass damper felts were good ones.  In
the past, I have added felt above the existing back felt, and it has
worked fine.  If the APSCO #33930C's do the trick, I can save on the
labor, and probably have a cleaner looking job. (Thank you, Jon Page.)

Regarding the treble felts, though, I'm not sure I presented my
question clearly.  As Jim Bryant suggested, I could cut my own pieces.
But I need to cut them from a strip that is wide enough - so that after
I cut them, the pieces are long enough.   APCSO's #33937, for example,
is an uncut 19" long strip that is 1-1/4" wide and 3/8" thick.  After
cutting 3/8" wide pieces, I will have pieces that measure 3/8" x 3/8"
1-1/4".  (The width has become the length.:))  The dilemma is where to
find felt that starts as a strip 1-1/2" wide?

Jerry Gravina, RPT
Babylon, NY