PIANOTECH digest 687(off-topic posts)

Tom Rush tarush@mindspring.com
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 00:54:22 -0500 (EST)

I try to stay out of these discussions because of the following
observation:

On this list and others, more "bandwidth" is wasted on discussions
of what is "appropriate", or by griping about off-topic posts, than is
wasted by the off-topic posts themselves.

Having said that, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I don't have an objection to anecdotes, etc. as long as you KEEP IT SHORT.

I can live without 2 pages of "cute" jokes.

My biggest gripe is a two-line reply to a 6-page post that includes
the *entire* original post.

These are only *my* opinions, and everyone else is entitled to post as
they see fit, as long as the list owner doesn't mind.  If you can't
hack the volume, you can always unsubscribe.