1824 Erard grand

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:40:47 -0800 (PST)

David,
	I've worked on a few of these London Erards. One thing I can tell
you is that the 1824 is wrong; the London pianos had a different serial#
series than the Paris ones. The piano is probably closer to mid-century,
perhaps 1850 or 1860.
	The piano probably doesn't have as much historic value as you
might think, as they seem to be fairly plentiful. I've seen them go for as
much as $5,000 in Seattle, but you can't count on getting that much.
Someone just donated a very nice one to the UW after trying for months to
sell it on consignment.

Steve

Steve Brady, RPT
University of Washington