reply: no budget

JMScherer@aol.com JMScherer@aol.com
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:42:16 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, Keith McGavern, Jeff Hickey, and Jon Page for your input. Let me
comment one by one.

Keith, I would be glad to wait until asked, having left my card, if I were
already established and had a built up business. However, with only two or
three tunings a week coming in, I need to be more aggresive (not obnoxious,
of course). Like I said there are a LOT of tuners in my area. I have
contacted all the public and private schools, nearly all the churches, & the
nursing homes, retirement villages. I would say that 99.5% of the ones who
have pianos already have a tuner. Likewise the music stores and music
schools.

Jon, I have also gone around door to door, which I enjoy. About one third of
my customers have come from that, and they all seem very happy with my work.

Jeff, you have given me some good ideas. I think I will try to talk a bit
more to some of the music teachers - starting with the ones I had when taking
some classes a few years ago when I was in the area for a year. And I will
certainly recommend the PTG's piano page for the "wired" ones. It's great!

Have a great Lord's day all! - Wally