Lo bass tuning

Gittinger, Delbert M. delgit@acc-net.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 22:15:18 -0500

Ted Simmons wrote >

> I left out a bit of information.  The piano was a used LaPetite purchased
> from a music store that calls me to do their warranty tunings.  So there
> was no money involved between the customer and me.  I've advised the
store
> owner of the problem and I'm going back one more time with all the
> information you fellows have given me and I'll try to either tune it to
her
> satisfaction or explain to her why she needs to get a larger piano.  By
the
> way, she traded it in on a rusty hulk of a Conn upright which was 100
cents
> flat and she said she never had that problem with the Conn.  Actually, it
> had longer bass strings than her LaPetite.

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuch!!

I take it you mean she traded in a piano that was 100 cents (1/2 step) low
and she's telling you how to tune a piano !

I think I'd find a way to get lost and try to forget!  There are plenty of
decent piano owners around.

Del Gittinger, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
of the Piano Technicians Guild