Monochord (BMW Isetta)

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 09:56:44 -0600 (CST)

Part of Stephen Schell's post:
>...I once owned and restored a BMW Isetta, a 300cc, one cylinder car
>which was less than half the length of a VW beetle, had a top speed of 60
>MPH with a tailwind, and commonly achieved 50 miles per gallon...

Not to mention that the front of the car, where the windshield, headlights,
etc. are, was *the door* to get in and out!  And different wheelbases/axle
widths?...very narrow in the rear and wide in the front.

Am I correct, Stephen?  If so, what a classic!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician