GH1 voicing revisited

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 18:42:06 -0700

At 07:45 PM 1/9/97 -0500, Brian wrote:

>Regarding the GH1 tenor/treble break, the original GH1 had plain strings on
>the tenor bridge, same as current models.  There was a change made about ...
>that, yes, we can improve the transition of the bass/tenor break on the GH1
>by using wound strings.  You can accomplish the same degree of >improvement
by proper voicing, thus saving the customer a considerable >sum of money.

The major problem I find with those I look after is not the voicing, but
that they will not stay in tune in that area. They tend to go horrifically
sharp in a short period of time in relation to the rest of the instrument.

I'm curious about whether this is just our climate here or possibly the
scaling that is causing this. Is there a cure other than dampp-chasers?

>If you're interested, we could get together and work on these instruments.
> I'll be in Dallas (teaching a Disklavier Service Seminar) from 1/20 through

I wish I could go. Dallas would be a welcome refief from the 30-below-zero F
temperatures we're suffering through right now... B-})

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com