furniture strippers

Rebecca Smollett smollett@stremy.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:38:30 -0400

I got this address from a friend on your list. I'm doing some research for
a book on furniture repair and am looking for information on furniture
strippers. I understand that the most common and most effective strippers
contain methylene chloride, but that the fumes from this product are
extremely toxic and a suspected carcinogen. One of the supposedly "safer"
alternatives I've run across is products containing N-methyl pyrrolidone.
However, I gather that, although the fumes from this product are less
toxic, skin contact poses an even greater danger than with methylene
chloride. Is this correct? If so, are there other alternatives out there?
How safe are they, and how effective?

I don't subscribe to your list, so please send any response to me directly
at smollett@stremy.com

Thanks,
Thanks,

Rebecca Smollett