Lo bass tuning

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 01:33:01 -0600 (CST)

>...I lowered it to where the string
>sagged and she still called it sharp...
>
>Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL

Come on, Ted, (Keith said in disbelief).        :-)
Anyone who calls a string sharp when it is sagging, well, you do have a
problem, and I don't think it's the La Petite.  (You have given me a good
chuckle.)

Here is a possible direction: Take a tone generating type device, match it
against a corresponding single string on the piano and give this individual
an hearing test by lowering and/or raising the pitch of the string against
the tone to determine if sharp means the same thing to her as it does to
you.

Just an idea.  Good luck!

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net