Mason & Risch Serial Numbers

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 07:43:41 +0000

Aaron,

	I've rebuilt several Mason & Risch pianos, and the safest way to
find the date of manufacture is the stamp on the action. Look
closely, does it have a month and day next to the 1910?  That should
be your year.
	Mason & Risch serial numbers are notoriously incorrect in the Pierce
Atlas, I find Canadian sources are better, such as the Canadian Piano
Atlas, formerly from D.M. Best, now from Pianophile.
	Also, is this a Mason & Risch stencil piano, such as Harmonic,
Haddon Hall, etc? The numbers will be different again for some of
these names (Harmonic, for sure).
	I'll see what my atlas says when I get to work today,

=E0 bient=F4t,

Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.
C.A.P.T. Student